How to Lease Our Properties or Rental Application
Guidelines For Lease Application
In an effort to expedite approval, please follow these guidelines carefully!
- FIRST, know the qualification standards and read the Information About Brokerage Services Disclosure.
- The application fee is $50 per applicant over the age of 18. The application fee must be paid with any major credit card before the application can be completed.
- BEFORE beginning the online application, you must have your driver's license and proof of income available. Acceptable proof of income is 4 latest paystubs, 3 months of bank statements, or executed offer letter from employer. If you are using a computer, you will need an electronic version of these documents to attach. If you are using a mobile device you will have the option of attaching the documents by taking a picture of them. Be sure the picture is clear and legible.
- It will take 2-3 business days, from the time ALL application documents are received, to obtain final approval. Upon approval of your application, you will be required to pay the security deposit and a $99 lease administration fee. (Following execution of the lease $50 of the lease administration fee will be credited towards your account and applied towards the first month's rent. If the lease is not executed, there will be no credit or refund of the lease administration fee.)
- A lease agreement will be sent electronically for signature. All applicants will be given 24 hours to sign the lease agreement. We do NOT hold properties! We will only take a property off the market once a lease has been signed by all applicants.
Lease Qualification Standards
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs, Team Athey and Remarkable Property Management welcome all applicants and support the precepts of equal access and “Fair Housing.” RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs, Team Athey and Remarkable Property Management will not refuse access to any housing, accommodation, or other interest in property or otherwise discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, marital or family status, physical or mental handicap, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, or sexual orientation.
The following qualification standards will be required from every prospective resident at least 18 years of age. A lease guarantor or additional security deposit may be required for approval, if applicant does not meet minimum qualifications.
Total monthly household income must be at least three (3) times the monthly rental rate for the property. At time of application, provide a copy of last 4 paystubs or executed employment letter. Income may be verified with employers. If self-employed, provide latest tax return and 3 months of bank statements.
A credit report will be pulled on each applicant. A minimum score of 600 is preferred. Applicants with a bankruptcy in the last six (6) months or pending bankruptcy may be denied.
Applicant must have verifiable rental history for a minimum of six (6) months. Negative rental history involving evictions, damages owed, or other rental related debt may be grounds for application denial.
Criminal history will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Any applicant with a felony or misdemeanor conviction within the past 5 years involving, but not limited to, violent crimes against persons, property damage, theft, terrorism, illegal drug manufacturing or distribution, or prostitution-related offenses may be grounds for denial. Any applicant with outstanding warrants or crime that is awaiting trial may not be accepted. Provide management with any additional information you would like reviewed regarding convictions or current arrest as part of your rental application.
As part of your application, you will be required to electronically sign a Notice and Authorization form ("Authorization Form") consenting to these checks. This Authorization Form will allow Resident Research, LLC and Remarkable Property Management to verify the information you provide.
If you are an agent, click here for agent/broker information.