How to Lease Our Properties
GUIDELINES FOR LEASE APPLICATION
In an effort to expedite approval, please follow these guidelines carefully!
- Read Information About Brokerage Services Disclosure.
- BEFORE submitting an application, you must have an electronic copy of your driver's license and proof of income. Acceptable proof of income is 4 latest paystubs, 3 months of bank statements, or executed offer letter from employer.
- Fill out Online Application. Once you have filled out the application and clicked "Sign", you will receive an email that allows you to re-visit the application at your convenience.
- Pay The Application Fee! Payable to Remarkable Property Management via certified funds or electronically via www.Paylease.com. The application fee is $50 per applicant over the age of 18. We will not begin processing your application until the application fee is paid.
- We do NOT hold properties! After application is approved, security deposit is due immediately and is required before lease will be prepared for signing. We will only take a property off the market once a security deposit is paid AND a lease has been signed by all applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Lease
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs, Team Athey and Remarkable Property Management welcome all applicants and support the precepts of equal access and 'Fair Housing.' RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs, Team Athey and Remarkable Property Management will not refuse access to any housing, accommodation, or other interest in property or otherwise discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, marital or family status, physical or mental handicap, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, or sexual orientation.
The following qualification standards will be required from every prospective resident. A lease guarantor or additional security deposit may be required for approval, if applicant does not meet minimum qualifications.
Every prospective resident at least 18 years of age is required to complete a full application (click link). The application fee is $50 per application. The application fee can be paid to Remarkable Property Management via certified funds or electronically via www.PayLease.com.
Income: Total monthly household income must be at least three (3) times the monthly rental rate for the property. At time of application, provide a copy of last 4 paystubs or executed employment letter. Income may be verified with employers. If self-employed, provide latest tax return and 3 months of bank statements.
Credit: A credit report will be pulled on each applicant. A minimum score of 600 is preferred.
Rental History: Applicant must have verifiable rental history for a minimum of six (6) months. Negative rental history involving evictions, damages owed, or other rental related debt may be grounds for application denial.
Criminal History: Any applicant with a felony charge within the past 5 years will not be accepted. Misdemeanor convictions involving assault, property damage, theft, illegal drug related or prostitution related offenses are grounds for denial. We require that you submit a copy of your driver's license at the time an application is submitted.
It will take 2-3 business days, from the time ALL application documents are received, to obtain final approval. Once the applicant is approved they will be contacted for further instructions. A security deposit will need to be paid before a lease is presented. The deposit can be paid via cashier's check, money order, or electronically via www.PayLease.com. The lease must be signed within 24 hours or another applicant may be accepted causing the lease to be voided.
Agents need to submit an "Agreement Between Brokers" for residential leases, FORM TAR2002, a form W-9 and a permission form to speak to the applicant. Commission payments will not be issued without these forms (CLICK here for these forms). Fax to 469-916-1203 or email to Laura@TeamAthey.com. Payments are disbursed within 5 days after tenant move-in and the first month's rent is paid.
By submitting an application indicates that Applicant has had the opportunity to review Landlord's tenant selection criteria, which is available upon request. The tenant selection criteria may include factors such as criminal history, credit history, current income and rental history.
Applicant understands that providing inaccurate or incomplete information is grounds for rejection of this application and forfeiture of any application fee and may be grounds to declare Applicant in breach of any lease the Applicant may sign.
Applicant represents that the statements in this application are true and complete.